Followers

Saturday, May 11, 2019

O DEATH

O death ! why don’t you become kind to me?
Take away me to your eternal abode.
Liberate me from my physical form,
Which is overladen with grief and groan.

No more tears in my eyes remain,
They are dried away to shed any more;
No more breaths in my heart remain,
They have lost the power to beat any more;
No more blood in my veins remain,
They seem to be drained away to flow any more;
No more stimulus in throat remain,
That seems the tongue to be dried from the root;
Then why do you wait not to snatch life,
When there seems no life;
Then why don’t you show your only power,
To squeeze away the soul from the form.

If you can’t show mercy on me,
Show your wrath rather,
And strike your hard hand on me,
Taking me with you for ever;
Why to live when my life is lost,
I am far from whom I liked most.

I did not ask for being richest,
I did not beg for being the happiest;
I never wished to become king of kings,
I never wanted to be worshipped;
I only want my life be with me,
For ever through life and death;
Flow with the time’s cycle,
Eternal, incessant and unending.

No comments:

Post a Comment